Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tonight should be fun

Oh my!!! I can not wait to get to the fields tonight. It is going to be in the 70s with a slight breeze and, I will be umpiring with a fellow Harry Wendelstedt Umpire School Graduate. It will be nice to be able to work a game...pro style. I have two boys 14 games. Both are part of the wood bat league. It should be an interesting night of baseball.

On a side note, one of the coaches absolutely hates me. He thinks that I am the worst umpire in the world. In all fairness, he has had some wacky plays occur while I have been working his games but the icing on the cake was last year, I tossed him for arguing balls and strikes from the dugout. Now, before you assume I baited him, I warned him four times before I ejected him so I think he had enough opportunities to knock it off. I won't be looking for any trouble but there is a good chance I will have a good story for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment