Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Welcome

It's hard for me to believe that this year when I strap on my equipment, it will be the 20th year I have been an umpire. It seems like yesterady that I was a scared 12 year old kid getting ready to do my first game. Since then, I have worked thousands of little league, high school and college games. I have attending the Harry Wendelstedt School for Umpires twice. I have even been the Umpire in Chief at the little league complex I grew up playing and umpiring at.

By no means is this blog intended to make people think that I am the greatest umpire of all time....I'm not. If that were the case, I would have gotten a minor league job after going to umpire school. But, I do believe that I am a good umpire. I have spent over half of my life trying to become the best umpire that I can possibly be. I have also seen a lot and have a lot of information that I think could be entertaining and informative to other umpires. Also, I think that baseball fans will enjoy seeing what the game looks to the guys in blue.

I will do my best to post at least once a week with a story or tip. I will also throw some rules questions in here from time to time.

So, thanks again for checking out my blog and I guess there's only one more thing to say.....PLAY BALL!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment