Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Back at it...exciting annoucement

Well, after taking off the majority of the summer to concentrate on my career, tonight I hit the diamond again. It will be my first game since May. It's fall ball so it should be a pretty easy game but it will be nice to be back out on the field. After being asked for about 4 years, I have decided to continue being involved in baseball but in another capacity. Beginning in two weeks, I will begin my coaching career. I will be working with the SLABA Southwest Stars 17/18 year old team this fall and then in the Spring, I will be the assistant coach on my old high schools varsity baseball team. I am extremely excited to have the opportunity to coach at such a high level. It has always been a dream of mine to coach at the high school level and I am really looking forward to it. It will be interesting to see how I handle situations that I have complained about for years. Having coached before, I know that I rarely yell at the umpires but I do get upset when they don't know the rules. I doubt that will happen much at this level but I'm sure there will be a situation or two that I can post about. I plan to continue umpiring but not nearly as much as I have in years past. Unfortunately, with the coach opportunity, my kids getting bigger and new things happening at my main job, umpiring has kind of taken a back seat to everything else. I will always love umpiring and will continue to work as much as possible but I think time in my life where I am able to umpire on a regular basis is about over. With that being said, I will do my best to continue to post on here as much as possible. I am really looking forward to postiing as a coach. I will continue to post rules questions and various things I see at the ball fields. On that note, I'm off to go get some work done before my 6:00 game tonight. PLAY BALL!!!

2 comments:

  1. Mark, I had no idea you were that local to me. I saw SLABA and wondered if it was a coincidence. Now that I look at your photos, I recognize some of the advertisements.

    Congratulations on the coaching assignments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the precise weblog for anybody who needs to seek out out about this topic. You notice so much its almost arduous to argue with you. You positively put a brand new spin on a subject that's been written about for years. Nice stuff, simply nice!

    ReplyDelete